Planning & Development Planning & Development

To develop land or use it for a specific purpose you may need to submit a development application to Council for Town Planning approval. Applications are assessed in accordance with State Government legislation and Council's Planning Scheme. Enquiries to Council are welcome to determine if your proposal requires Council approval. In many cases, an independent consultant may be required to assist in surveying, developing and submitting an application.

Forms for planning applications can be downloaded from the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning website. Information about the Development Application Process is saved here.

If you would like to discuss any matter relating to Planning and Development, please contact Council's Department of Engineering and Planning Services on (07) 4671 7400, or complete Council's online contact form.