Cat & Dog Registration
Goondiwindi Regional Council encourages responsible cat and dog ownership.
All cats and dogs are required to be registered with Council. Failure to do so may result in fines being issued to the keeper of the animal.
Guildelines for registering and microchipping cats and dogs are:
- From the 1st July 2010 microchipping is compulsory for all:
- Cats and dogs after 8 weeks old and before they reach 12 weeks of age
- Cats and dogs that are sold or given away (for any age over 8 weeks old)
- Declared dangerous and declared menacing dogs
- Cats and dogs that turn twelve weeks of age before the 1st July are exempt from microchipping unless they are sold or given away, or if they are declared a dangerous or menacing dog
- From the 1st July 2010 all cats and dogs 12 weeks of age or over must be registered with Council.
- Desexing your pets is not compulsory but is recommended.
- Application to keep 3 dogs
- Cat & Dog Registration Form
- Deed of Indemnity - Destruction of dog
- Dog Impounding Notice
- Managing Barking In Our Community
Dog Registration/Renewals 2013
- All new dog registrations and renewals must be completed by 20 February 2013.
- Keeping unregistered dog/s after 20 February 2013 may incur on the spot fines of up to $500.
- The owner of a cat or dog must register the cat or dog with Council.
- A cat or dog over the age of 3 months must be registered.
Registration and Impounding Fees:
Each Desexed Dog
Application and Permit to Keep 3 Dogs
Release of Impounded Unregistered Dog
|$175.00 plus registration|
Release of Registered Dog
|$10.00 per head per day|
Pensioner Discount (Pensioner Card Required):
1st Entire Dog
2nd Entire Dog
1st Desexed Dog
2nd Desexed Dog
All cats 3 months and over must be registered.
Entire Cat owned by Pensioner