Goondiwindi Regional Council encourages responsible dog and cat ownership.
All dogs are required to be registered with Council. Failure to do so may result in fines being issued to the keeper of the animal. Cats are not required to be registered but must still be microchipped.
Guildelines for registering and microchipping dogs and microchipping cats are:
- From the 1st July 2010 microchipping is compulsory for all:
- Dogs & cats after 8 weeks old and before they reach 12 weeks of age
- Dogs & cats that are sold or given away (for any age over 8 weeks old)
- Declared dangerous and declared menacing dogs
- Dogs and cats that turn twelve weeks of age before the 1st July are exempt from microchipping unless they are sold or given away, or if they are declared a dangerous or menacing dog
- From the 1st July 2010 all dogs 12 weeks of age or over must be registered with Council.
- Desexing your pets is not compulsory but is recommended.
- Dog Registration Form
- Deed of Indemnity - Destruction of dog
- Dog Impounding Notice
- Managing Barking In Our Community
- Barking Dog Nuisance Complaint Information
- Responsible Pet Ownership
- Excercising Dogs on Leash Fact Sheet
- Parvo Fact Sheet
- Dangerous Dog Fact Sheet
- Bite Prevention Fact Sheet
Dog Registration/Renewals 2014
- All new dog registrations and renewals must be completed by 14 February 2014.
- Keeping unregistered dog/s after 14 February 2014 may incur on the spot fines of up to $500.
- The owner of a dog must register the dog with Council.
- A dog over the age of 3 months must be registered.
Registration and Impounding Fees:
Each Desexed Dog
Application and Permit to Keep 3 Dogs
Release of Impounded Unregistered Dog
|$180.00 plus registration|
Release of Registered Dog
|$10.00 per head per day|
Pensioner Discount (Pensioner Card Required):
1st Entire Dog
2nd Entire Dog
1st Desexed Dog
2nd Desexed Dog