To develop land or use it for a specific purpose you may need to submit a development application to Council for Town Planning approval. Applications are assessed in accordance with State Government legislation and Council's Planning Scheme. Enquiries to Council are welcome to determine if your proposal requires Council approval. In many cases, an independent consultant may be required to assist in surveying, developing and submitting an application.
- Do I need to submit a Development Application?
- Planning Schemes
- Levels of Assessment
- How do I make an Application?
- Pre-lodgement Assistance for Planning & Development Applications
- Fees & Charges Schedule
- Adopted Infrastructure Charges and Maps
- Application Decisions
- Public Notification
Forms for planning applications can be downloaded from the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning website. Information about the Development Application Process is saved here.
- Goondiwindi Regional Council Heritage Survey - March 2011
- Demand Analysis - Commercial & Industrial Land, Goondiwindi - December 2010
- Goondiwindi Regional Council Landscape Policy
If you would like to discuss any matter relating to Planning and Development, please contact Council's Department of Engineering and Planning Services on (07) 4671 7400, or complete Council's online contact form.