EASTER OFFICE HOURS
Council wishes to advise ratepayers and customers that all Council offices will only be closed for public holidays over the period covering Easter and Anzac Day.
Emergency After Hours ONLY, please direct your calls as follows;
- SES - 132 500
- Council Emergencies in the Goondiwindi Area 4671 4671
- Council Emergencies in the Inglewood and Texas areas 4652 1834
Council and staff wish the community a very happy and safe Easter.
|Goondiwindi Region, Queensland|
|Wind (Kph) : 1|
|Humidity (%) : 72|
|Wind Directions : NNE|
Friday, 14th March 2014 - Inglewood Show
Friday, 2nd May 2014 - Goondiwindi Show
Monday, 11th August 2014 - Texas Area
Remedial Works on the Moffatt Street Entrance to Bowen Lane
From Monday 28 April 2014, access to Bowen Lane from Moffatt Street will be closed for Council to commence work on the Moffatt Street entrance to Bowen Lane. Access from Herbert Street will remain open.
Council currently has a position for a labourer in it's bitumen maintenance crew. For further details click here.
Easter on the Macintyre Programme
For a list of the events at the Easter on the Macintyre Festival 2014 click here.
INTRODUCTION OF ONE WAY TRAFFIC POSTPONED
The implementation of one way traffic on Bowen Lane, between Moffatt Street to Herbert Street, will be postponed. For further information click here.
Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) Applications Now Open
RADF Round 3 applications are now being sought. For further information click here.
Camping at Lake Coolmunda
For all enquiries about camping at Lake Coolmunda please contact:
Lake Coolmunda Caravan Park - (07) 4652 4171.
Welcome to Goondiwindi Regional Council
Covering an area of 19,294 square kms, Goondiwindi Regional Council is home to approximately 10,720 people from Texas in the east to Weengallon in the west.
For the most up to date information on the conditions and opening/closures of roads across the GRC region, please contact the Department of Transport & Main Roads on 13 19 40 or visit www.131940.qld.gov.au.
PROGRAM FOR EASTER ON THE MACINTYRE 2014
Thursday 17 April, 2014
- Gliding Queensland's Easter Competition 2014 - Goondiwindi Airport – Contact 0407 770 213
- Barefoot/Social Bowls, $12.50 Smorgasbord and Monster Easter Seafood Raffles at the Goondiwindi Bowls Club from 6.30pm – Contact Maree Sagse (07) 4671 3777
- Register for Fishing Competition – Queensland Hotel 5.00pm to 8.00pm
- Goondiwindi Cotton Kaloma Fundraiser 6pm - $20p/h at Goondiwindi Cotton 27 Herbert St. – (07) 4671 5611
Friday 18 April, 2014
- Glider Joy Rides at Airport. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0407 770 213. Bookings essential. Cost $150
Saturday 19 April, 2014
- Team Yellowbelly Challenge Fishing Competition 6.00am to 6.00pm at the Boat Ramp. Weigh ins at 12.00 noon till 1.00pm and 4.00pm to 5.00pm at the Golden Age Centre.
- Goondiwindi Quilters & Crafts – Golden Age Centre – 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Qld Gliders Competition at the aerodrome as well as joy rides - Contact 0407 770 213
- Gunsynd Hall of Fame and Customs House visiting 9.00am to 4.00pm
- 4.30pm Customs House Twilight Markets & Sausage sizzle – Stall Fee $20 per site. Contact Goondiwindi Historical Society - 0409 820 013
EASTER ON THE MACINTYRE FESTIVAL - Commences at 5.00pm at the Bridge Precinct.
- 5.00pm Easter Service – Catholic Church Goondiwindi.
- 5.00pm Jumping Castle, Face Painting and Bozo Bus
- 5.00pm Macintyre Pet Rescue - Animals Exhibition and Hot Dog stand
Food, Soft Drink and Bar – Apex, Lions & Rotary Clubs OR Early dining at any of Gundy's many Dining Venues
- 5.30pm to 6.45pm - Younger Talent on Show with Goondiwindi's own Jessen Family.
- 7.00pm - Monster Fireworks display from the "Old Bridge" courtesy Kleinschmidt Community Trust
- 7.45pm to 10.00 pm Tait Toyota Light Show -– Entertainment by "The Local Lot"
Sunday 20 April, 2014
- Breaky in Marshall Street Gundy Style side walk cafes from 7am
- Easter Services – check local Churches for times.
- Team Yellowbelly Challenge Fishing Competition - Final weigh in time 9.00am to 11.00am. Presentation at the Qld Hotel Red Room when all fish are counted.
- Golf Day 12.00 noon to 4.00pm, a 4 Spot Ambrose must have1 non golfer per team - Contact 0418 771 468
- "Lawn Bowls on the Banks of the Macintyre" A mixed Bowls Day Feature Event. Goondiwindi Bowls Club -1.00pm for 1.30pm
- Goondiwindi Quilters & Crafts – Golden Age Centre – 10.00am to 2.00pm. Contact Robyn Elsley (07) 4671 1825
FABULOUS – "A NIGHT WITH FAULTY TOWERS" - DINNER SHOW – GOONDIWINDI RACE CLUB FUNDRAISER
- Pre Purchased Ticket Event $75p/p - 6.30 pm till late. Tables of 6 or 12. Commencing with pre-dinner drinks on the Macintyre River before entering the Community Centre for a night of hilarious jokes and laughter with Dinner, drinks, auctions, raffles and side splitting fun!! Contact Goondiwindi Travel (07) 4671 1677 for tickets. Limited number. All proceeds to Goondiwindi Race Club Infrastructure upgrades fund.
Monday 21 April, 2014
- TAB Raceday, Gunsynd Park - Featuring the running of the Barrier Reef Pools Racing Queensland Showcase Country Racing Series – Supported by Tourism and Events Queensland - Contact - Goondiwindi Race Club - Michael Watt 0428 657 053
- Farewell to Gunsynd Country with dinner and drinks and relive the stories of another highly successful weekend at the Pippos family – Railway Hotel, Herbert Street, Goondiwindi. Table bookings Lee at the Railway Hotel - (07) 4671 1577
For more information on Easter on the Macintyre or anything else about Goondiwindi contact: Lori Mackay on 0427 762 200 or Graeme Scheu on 0427 718 877.
Follow this link to the Easter on the Macintyre Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/eastermacintyre
Roads Information Update 06/03/13 at 11:30am
06 March 2013
ROADS INFORMATION UPDATE
All Highways in the local government area are OPEN with the exception of the following roads:-
The Meandarra-Talwood Road is CLOSED.
The Talwood-Mungindi Road is CLOSED.
The Talwood-Boonanga Road is CLOSED.
The Barwon Highway has a 5 tonne load limit restriction in place on the section of road between Bungunya and Talwood.
Motorists are urged to exercise caution as pavement damage is evident on roads in Goondiwindi Regional Council area, post the recent rain event.
Please listen to ABC Radio for regular updates.
For up to date river information visit www.bom.gov.au
For up to date roads information visit www.131940.qld.gov.au or phone 13 19 40.
In life threatening situations call 000
SES All Areas - 13 2500
Goondiwindi Customer Service Centre - (07) 4671 7400 (during office hours)