IPWEA Queensland South West Queensland Branch Conference hosted by Goondiwindi on Thursday 6th & Friday 7th November 2014.
The conference was held over 2 half days and consisted of presentation papers with the general theme of "Adapt & Conquer: Overcoming Challenges in Public Works Engineering".
A great spectrum of papers were delivered to delegates by:
- Active Soiltesting Pty Ltd, Laboratory Supervisor, Peter Locke
"Pre-Pavement Investigations & Quality Testing"
- Gwydir Shire Council, Councillor, Cr Angela Doering
"The Importance of Local Rural Roads to the National Economy"
- Department of State Development, Infrastructure & Planning, Manager of Regional Services - South, Andrew Foley
"Levee Bank Regulation in Queensland"
- Harrison Infrastructure Group, Manager, Tony McDonald; and Senior Engineer, Adrian Young
"Murweh & Lockyer Valley Regional Council NDRRA Experiences"
- Cottrell Cameron & Steen Surveys Pty Ltd, Director, Terry Prowd
"Adapting to a 3D Digital World – Capturing, Processing and Managing Spatial Data"
- Xylem Water Solutions Australia Limited, Business Development Manager Monitoring and Control, Paul O'Kane
"Why Monitoring and Control / Why SCADA and Telemetry"
- Wagner, Sales Consultant QLD, Ken Robinson
"Development of Long Span Composite Truss Bridges"
- Active Soiltesting, Laboratory Supervisor, Peter Locke
"Insitu Stabilization - Pavement Quality & Trial Testing"
- Goondiwindi Regional Council, Project Coordinator, Brian Turner
"Goondiwindi Sewerage Treatment Plant Renewal Project"
- Technical Tours
Goondiwindi Sewerage Treatment Plant, Boundary Road, Goondiwindi
Goondiwindi Cultural Redevelopment, 100 Marshall Street, Goondiwindi
Social events included a night of bare foot bowls on the Thursday night and golf on Friday afternoon.
Goondiwindi Regional Council & IPWEAQ would like to thank the following sponsors: